- Get Help
- Join Us
Getting Help With: Out of hours & Emergencies
Christmas period opening times
To be published nearer to the time.
Your local pharmacy will be able to provide you with advice and medication to help relieve the symptoms of common ailments. You can find your local pharmacy through the NHS website.
Weekend and evening appointments
‘You can book or cancel appointments in our enhanced Access Hub by contacting your GP surgery during normal working hours, or by phoning the hub directly on 07967816442 during the Hub opening hours as listed below.
- Monday: 17:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday: 17:00 – 20:00
- Friday: 17:00 – 20:00 (use 01670 33 77 37)
- Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00
This service known at The Cramlington Hub is hosted by The Village Surgery, Dudley Lane, Cramlington, NE23 6US.
When the GP practice is closed
If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111, if it’s a life- threatening emergency call 999.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life- threatening emergency. Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and is available 24/7, every day of the year.
When to call 111:
- You think you need to go to A&E or to
- Another NHS urgent care serviceyour GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
When to call 999:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
Out of hours care
Wansbeck General Hospital has walk-in services from 8am to 10pm for less serious injuries and conditions including:
- Minor head, ear or eye problems
- Broken nose or nose bleed
- Sprains, strains, cuts and bites
- Children’s minor injuries and ailments
- Minor fractures or broken bones
- abscesses and wound infections
You can find out more about Wansbeck General Hospital here.